Breast Center at Methodist Charlton
Women's Imaging at Methodist Charlton
The Breast Center at Methodist Charlton Medical Center in Dallas, Texas has been designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR), the ACR's voluntary breast imaging accreditation programs and modules, in addition to the mandatory Mammography Accreditation Program.
The Breast Center at Methodist Charlton is fully accredited in:
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- Breast ultrasound
- Ultrasound-guided breast biopsy
- Women's breast cancer support groups
Digital and 3D mammography
The Breast Center at Methodist Charlton offers a softer digital mammogram and 3D mammograms. Here are the advantages you will enjoy:
- A soft, warm cushion used during the mammogram makes the exam more comfortable.
- Digital images are produced electronically, instead of on film, with a larger viewing area that better accommodates diverse shapes and sizes.
- It's faster and more accurate — images are generated within seconds.
- Images can be magnified and manipulated for optimum clarity.
- All images are double-checked using the ImageChecker® enhanced breast screening technology.
- Electronic images make it easier for consultation among health care specialists and reduce the risk of misplaced or damaged films.
Schedule your softer, digital or 3D mammogram at the Breast Center at Methodist Charlton by calling 214-947-5490.
Early morning, lunch time and Saturday appointments are available. Call for more information.
Learn more about mammography basics and how to prepare for a mammogram.
Keep the date for your mammogram
When should you start getting mammograms? And how often do you need them? In this video, physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff share best practices for women to take charge of their breast health. They also share details about some of Methodist’s innovative programs that empower women when it comes to their wellness.
At Methodist Charlton, Vicki Hallum, RN, CBCN, oncology nurse navigator, is available to ensure that patients and families receive the support, guidance, and resources they need after a breast cancer diagnosis.
Learn how nurse navigation empowers women throughout their breast cancer journey.
Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System.