New Patient Orientation
Important information for new patients of the Methodist Dallas Golden Cross Academic Clinic
If you will be a new patient at the Golden Cross Academic Clinic we welcome you and would like to explain how new patient appointments work.
Pre-registration or orientation appointment
- New patients must be scheduled for a pre-registration or orientation appointment which occurs on a separate day, before your actual appointment.
- This appointment establishes your records with the clinic and fills out all the necessary paperwork so that the day of your doctor's appointment will be as hassle-free as possible.
- This orientation appointment is required for you to see the doctor.
- If you do not attend, your doctor's appointment will be automatically cancelled.
OB patient pre-registration/orientation appointment
- Pre-registration orientation appointments for new obstetric patients are one hour before the doctor's appointment.
New patient documentation requirements
The following information is required in order to register all new patients. Please arrive on time and bring the following:
- Picture identification with current address (i.e. driver’s license)
- Medicare or Medicaid card
- Insurance card
- Proof of household income (if financial assistance is needed).
Acceptable forms of proof of income
- Income tax return (for all persons living in the house, related or not)
- Last two payroll stubs
- Letters of award or payment stubs from:
- Social Security checks
- Child support
- Military family allotments
- Net rental income
- Public assistance
- Retirement plan checks
- Strike benefits from unions
- Supplemental Security Income
- Unemployment checks
- Veteran’s payments
- Worker’s compensation payments
- Other regular support from family members
- College scholarships, grants, and fellowships
Without this information, a discount greater than 40% cannot
122 W. Colorado Blvd. — across from Methodist Dallas Medical Center
Dallas, Texas 75208
214-947-6700 – phone
214-947-6701 – fax
Ample free parking is available. Located directly on a DART bus route.
Professional services at the Golden Cross Academic Clinic will be provided by medical residents supervised by physicians on the medical staff at Methodist Health System or by such physicians directly. Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System.