Cardiology Services at Methodist Richardson
Heart care at Methodist Richardson Medical Center
In a cardiac emergency, your heart’s in the right place at Methodist Richardson.
When precious time is ticking by, few respond faster to saving a heart than Methodist Richardson Medical Center. As a fully accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center, Methodist Richardson provides a comprehensive range of cardiology services, from sophisticated cardiology imaging to minimally invasive open heart surgery. Best of all, our team of experts is available around the clock so that whenever chest pain strikes, you’re met with swift, quality care.
A leader in cardiac disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment, Methodist Richardson Medical Center uses some of the latest therapies and technology. Plus, when time is critical you can breathe easy knowing we rank among the top 10 percent in the nation for our prompt attention to heart attack patients.
The cardiac team at Methodist Richardson includes specialists in cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, general thoracic surgery, and vascular surgery. After-hours emergency cases are handled by on-call coverage available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Cardiac diagnostic services available at Methodist Richardson include:
Cardiac procedures available at Methodist Richardson include:
- X-ray imaging system with 3D rotational angiography
- Ventricular assist device - Impella
- FFR pressure wire
- MX coronary stent technology
- Cutting Balloon
- Reolytic Thrombectomy
- IIb IIIa Anticoagulant therapy
- Distal protection devices in SVG thrombus
- Puncture site closure devices
Methodist Richardson also has a comprehensive cardiopulmonary program and an on-site Anticoagulation Clinic.
To find a physician on the medical staff at Methodist Richardson, search the online physician directory or call 972-4-DR-LINE (972-437-5463).
Methodist Richardson Medical Center has earned prestigious honors for its cardiac care:
- Chest Pain Cycle IV accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Methodist Richardson is the first of the Methodist Health System hospitals to meet the more stringent Cycle IV requirements for reducing heart attack deaths and one of only 11 facilities in the Metroplex with the designation.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Mission: Lifeline® Receiving Center–SILVER Level Recognition Award, based on achievements through NCDR ACTION Registry®–GWTG™ data submitted for the 2012 calendar year.
- AHA Get With The Guidelines®–Heart Failure GOLD Achievement Award, for achieving at least 24 consecutive months of 85 percent or higher adherence to all Get With The Guidelines® heart failure achievement indicators to improve quality of patient care and outcomes.
American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline® Receiving Center – GOLD PLUS Level Recognition Award
Methodist Richardson received the Mission: Lifeline® Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks.
Methodist Richardson has earned both Heart Failure Accreditation and Chest Pain Center Accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers for providing outstanding cardiac care.
| || |
|Chest Pain Center with PCI |
|Heart Failure Accreditation |
The echocardiography department at Methodist Richardson is accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System.