Classes & Events
Labor Pain Management: Help for Comfort and Coping
Back by popular demand, come enjoy our Thursday evening Childbirth Express Class.
Childbirth deserves thoughtful and careful preparation. Our classes, based on the Lamaze method of prepared childbirth, give you the knowledge to make informed decisions regarding your birth experience. We also want to help you gain confidence in your body's ability to give birth. Our skilled instructors will guide new parents through this joyful experience.
Class time is 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm on Thursday evening (July 06, 2017)
Topics include the following:
- Process of labor and delivery - what will happen, how it happens and when it will happen!
- Role of the labor support person - your coach is an important part of the birth team!
- Pain management options - how can we help you cope?
- Breathing and relaxation techniques - tolls for everyday to deal with your pain and stress!
- Medications used - epidural - the how, when and what of epidural pain management.
- Labor rehearsal - use the tips we have given you and practice!
- Cesarean birth and recovery - whether planned or emergent, this important information will help prepare you for this event.
- Emotional and physical aspects of the postpartum period - what's normal and wha't not?
Register early to insure space in the class that best meets your schedule.
Payment for this class reserves 2 seats in class - one for mom and one for her partner/guest. Dress comfortably. You are welcome to bring drinks and snacks as you desire.