Methodist Mansfield Joint Academy
Preparing joint replacement candidates — mentally and physically — for surgery
Methodist Mansfield Medical Center offers total joint replacement surgery, using some of the latest minimally invasive techniques, to replace painful hip, or knee joints damaged by injury, deformity, or degenerative diseases such as arthritis, to restore mobility and quality of life with less pain and recovery time. Methodist offers total joint replacement surgery using some of the latest minimally invasive techniques to restore mobility and quality of life with less pain and recovery time.
Better informed, better outcomes
The Methodist Joint and Spine Academy is a free educational workshop that helps prepare "students" both mentally and physically for upcoming joint replacement surgery, the best possible surgical outcome, and a faster return to normal daily activity.
After scheduling hip or knee replacement surgery with an independently practicing orthopedic surgeon on the medical staff at Methodist, students attend the Methodist Mansfield Joint Academy. Held on the hospital campus, the Joint and Spine Academy offers a comfortable learning environment with a handful of fellow patients. The three hour program includes:
- A nurse to greet and guide you to your classroom
- Express registration to eliminate delays the day of surgery
- Engaging classroom instruction about what to expect from pre-op, joint replacement surgery, and recovery — taught by Methodist Joint and Spine Academy clinical specialists
- A tour of the orthopedic floor, designed specifically for the needs and comfort of joint replacement surgery patients
- Discussion with a small group of fellow joint replacement patients to build camaraderie and provide motivation and support after hip or knee surgery
- A brightly colored t-shirt and sports bag with the Methodist Joint Academy logo
- Free parking
Learn more about the Methodist Mansfield Joint and Spine Academy and find an orthopedic surgeon on the medical staff at Methodist Health System by calling 1-866-584-8104.
Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist Health System medical staff, including those practicing in connection with the Methodist Joint Academy, are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist Health System, Methodist Dallas Medical Center, Methodist Charlton Medical Center, or Methodist Mansfield Medical Center.