MAP2 for Employees
Methodist Alliance of Patients and Physicians (MAP2) is a program to help coordinate health care for patients. Through the resources provided within MAP2, patients are able to receive the medical care and support they need. Care navigators, doctors, hospitals, and other health care providers work together under MAP2 to provide the best in quality care.
MAP2 is only available if you are a Methodist Health System Employee, dependent of a Methodist Employee, have Medicare, or work for a company that has added MAP2 as an employee benefit.
What is coordinated care?
MAP2 will assign you a Care Navigator to help you manage your health care. These navigators are there to help you figure out how to get the help you need. By calling your navigator with questions you may have about medications, or general advice on what kind of physician you should see for a particular problem, you are saving yourself time and money.*
Coordinated care also means that your health care providers are communicating with each other. They know when you were in the hospital, for how long, and what the result of the visit was. Your providers also know what medications you are on and why you take them. You get to spend less time at the doctor’s office explaining your medical history, and more time working towards better health.
Additional benefits to coordinated health care:
- Reduced amount of medical forms to fill out
- Fewer repeat medical tests, drastically reducing medical costs throughout the year
- Personalized care, coordinated through the variety of participating specialists you see
- Care Navigators that are available to answer any questions you might have about your medical care
- Check-up calls to ensure your medications are working properly and that you are feeling your best
*Although the vast majority of care needed can be handled without a trip to the hospital, please remember, if you have a medical emergency, DON’T WAIT. Get to the nearest emergency department.
How to benefit from MAP2
MAP2 is only available if your employer has signed on MAP2 as an added employee benefit, or if you have Medicare. Contact your benefits manager to discuss MAP2 as an option.
Your employer can contact Carrie Camin, Assistant Vice President Wellness, at 214-947-4594 or CarrieCamin@mhd.com for more information.
Nationally recognized and awarded:
- Becker’s Hospital Review – 100 ACOs to Know 2014 & 2015
- Top 100 Healthiest Workplaces
- Premier PACT Population Health Collaborative